I have an announcement to make, and I believe it’s a very happy announcement. I’ve been trying to get myself to write a story for quite some time now. I’ve written plenty of short stories and a couple of plays, but none of them ever reached ten pages long (Times New Roman 12, double spacing. Just to give you a perspective). That’s all gonna change now. As written above, I’m going to write a novella. Not a novel just yet, I’m not ready for that hahaha!
The novella I’m writing will be based on something I really love. In other words, I’ll be writing a fanfiction. This fanfiction will be different from the other fanfictions of this thing that I’ve read before. Also, I can’t tell you which thing I’m basing this off. Why? It’s part of the story. :D I’ve all ready made the ending of the novella-fanfic, so all I have to do is make everything else.
A little something about the novella-fanfic:
- I chose this because I can write it to my style, with my dialouge and whatnot. But aren’t fanfics suppose to be faithful to what it is based on? True. However, there is a part of this thing that has yet to be explored and published by the creator/s. That gives me the liberty of writing the novella-fanfic to whichever way I want.
- I see great potential of character and setting development here. The historical background thing is so diverse and shrouded in mystery, I can literally do whatever I want to the characters and setting.
- The name of the character will not be disclosed ’til the end of the novella (obviously). There will be only one name that will be disclosed, and I won’t tell you now. :D
- It will take a bit of time to write this because of the character’s profession. I have not heard of this profession until the thing told me about it. I will have to do some extensive research on the profession because character seems to be very faithful and very serious about it. I must–at least–give the character the satisfaction of knowing such knowledge.
- The last chapters of the novella will begin to reveal the thing.
- You, the readers, have the chance to tell me what you want to see in the upcoming chapters. :D All recommendations will be considered, and if it’s really brilliant, I’ll revise it a bit put it in the upcoming chapters.
- Everything that I use which isn’t mine will be referenced, cited and mentioned.
The frequency of this novella-fanfic will be irregular. I can’t promise to churn out one chapter a week. I’m a struggling university student who has deadlines to meet. LOL.
One more thing. I’m looking for volunteers who would like to edit my work before I publish it here. If you are interested in doing so, send me a message, add me on facebook or anything. We can meet IRL or online, chat about what’s wrong with the chapter or what needs to be fixed. Critique me, I can take it hahahaha! Oh, the kind of editor I’m looking for HAS to be a better editor than I am.
Yes, we shall have a real writer and editor relationship. :D That being said, it will take me one week at most to release the chapter after editing. If the editor/s tells me that there’s something else to fix after the first edition, it will take me another week at most. So on and so forth.
I wish to publish in quality, not quantity :D YOU HEAR THAT PUBLIC FILIPINO TELEVISION??? QUALITY!!!!
So that’s basically it :D